Southern Biotechnology Associates, Inc., now known as SouthernBiotech, was founded in 1982, by scientists from Dr. Max Cooper’s Cellular Immunology Laboratory at the University of Alabama in Birmingham.
SouthernBiotech is dedicated to the development, production, purification, conjugation, and commercialization of the world’s highest quality antibodies for research use.
“Quality Antibodies for Quality Research,,
The portfolio of SouthernBiotech is divided into six product categories:
- Primary Antibodies: While many primary antibodies are not directly conjugated to a fluorochrome or enzyme and a secondary antibody is required for detection, SouthernBiotech offers a wide range of conjugated primary antibodies allowing for the direct detection of the target antigen without the need for a secondary antibody.
- Secondary Antibodies: polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies directed against an Ig molecule. The SouthernBiotech secondary antibodies are useful in several applications like ELISA, Immunoblotting, Flow Cytometry, Immunohistochemistry and Immuocytochemistry. Within the range of secondary antibodies SouthernBiotech is also offering Streptavidin and Neutralite Avidin Reagents. Streptavidin is a tetrameric bacterial protein isolated from Streptomyces avidinii. Neutralite Avidin is a deglycosylated avidin purified from egg white. Both exhibit an exceptionally strong affinity for biotin which makes them invaluable as second step reagents for biotinylated primary antibodies.
- Purified Ig / Isotype Controls: SouthernBiotech’s purified immunoglobulins are produced from normal serum, myeloma serum, and monoclonal cells lines. They are most commonly used as isotype controls / negative controls as well as positive controls / standards and blocking reagents in applications such as flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry / immunocytochemistry, ELISA, and immunoprecipitation.
- ECM Proteins and Antibodies: Extracellular matrix (ECM) is the non-cellular component that provides structural scaffolding to surrounding cells. It also provides critical biochemical support that is required for intracellular communication, differentiation, and homeostasis. SouthernBiotech offers purified ECM proteins including collagens, fibronectin, and laminin. Additionally SouthernBiotech offers polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies to ECM proteins including collagens, fibronectin, and matrix metalloproteinases. They are frequently used in ELISA, immunohistochemistry / immunocytochemistry, electron microscopy, western blotting, and immunoprecipitation.
- Assay Kits: Isotyping / Clonotyping ELISA Kits, ApoScreen® Annexin V Apoptosis Kits and Mycoplasma Detection Kits.
- Accessory Reagents: Apoptosis Reagents, Enzyme Substrates, Flow Cytometry Buffers & Reagents, Fluoromount-G® Mounting Medium, Gelatin Subbed Slides, Ig-Binding Proteins and Normal Sera.
As the distributor for Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg, we gladly find the perfect support for your company. We welcome your inquiries at email@example.com.