PROGEN is an established manufacturer and supplier of premium antibodies, in vitro diagnostics and reagents for the life science research community.
PROGEN was founded in 1983 by four scientists from Heidelberg, Germany, who joined forces to manufacture and supply high quality antibodies for biomedical research.
They help scientists worldwide drive biopharmaceutical and diagnostic progress to provide high-quality and reliable treatments for patients. Their mission is to make new therapies safe & affordable and to improve existing research processes.
The PROGEN team consists of bioscientists and adeno-associated virus (AAV) experts who collaborate with specialists around the world. Their products are essentials for research in science and industry.
They are more than just a manufacturer of antibodies, AAV gene therapy tools, density gradient media, and phage display technologies: They strive to understand the needs of scientists to develop solutions to jointly address challenges in academic research, biotechnology and pharma.
PROGEN is a 100% subsidiary of the R-Biopharm AG.
PROGEN’s products can be divided into six categories:
- Antibodies: premium research antibodies. PROGEN’s antibodies are published in biomedical and cell biology literature.
- AAV: Unique range of adeno-associated virus (AAV) antibodies and quantification ELISAs for gene therapy research.
- Antigens and Controls: various purified and recombinant proteins to support your research.
- Density Gradient Media: density gradient media for the isolation of cells, subcellular membranes, viruses and macromolecules using centrifugation techniques.
- Diagnostic Assays: in vitro diagnostic (IVD) and research (RUO) test based on ELISA technology and IFT/IFA.
- Phage Display: Antibody hyperphage display technology for the generation of recombinant antibodies, proteins or peptides – a leap forward in functional gene analysis.
“Making life science better. Together.,,
The focus of PROGEN on research and development has resulted in the “ Innovative through Research” award of the German Stifterverband in 2018. Progen, specialist for premium immunochemicals since 1983, develops and manufactures test kits and reagents. The product portfolio is expanded on a continuous basis.
PROGEN commits to quality. The company’s quality management system has been certified to EN ISO 13485:2003 + AC:2007 standard. The PROGEN products meet the essential requirements of the directive 98/79/EC of 27 October 1998 on in vitro diagnostic medical devices. Antibodies are manufactured in Germany and PROGEN is an expert in documentation. Data on applications, selectivity and positive controls is available for many products.
For more information about PROGEN and their portfolio please contact us.