ORF Genetics growth factors and cytokines.
ORF Genetics Ltd. is a privately owned company established in 2001. ORF is committed to developing innovative, economically viable and enabling solutions for the production of recombinant proteins in a more efficient, safer manner than other protein expression systems.
ORF has developed the unique expression system Orfeus™, which uses barley grain as a vehicle for recombinant protein production. The barley seed is for many reason an ideal production host for recombinant proteins, such as providing inert and endotoxin-free environment, and long-term protein storage before processing of the proteins.
“Global leader in barley biotechnology,,
The Orfeus™ expression system
Orfeus™ is set to meet the unique requirements of different customers and different markets. Orfeus™ is based on using barley grain as a vehicle for high-throughput production of recombinant proteins, such as growth factors and cytokines.
The system is equipped with inherent enabling features that make it unique among the bioreactor systems available for the production of recombinant, biorisk-free proteins, bypassing entirely the use of bacteria or animal or human cells.
Isokine™ product range
Endotoxin free growth factors and cytokines for stem cell technology and medical research.
Scientists all over the world use our endotoxin-free recombinant proteins
- Isokine™ bypasses entirely the use of bacteria
- Isokine™ bypasses entirely the use of animal or human cells
- Produced in plants grown in a geothermal high-tech greenhouse with a negative CO2 footprint
Why use endotoxin-free growth factors?
- Endotoxin-free growth factors increases precision and reproducibility of stem cell cultures
- Increased reproducibility leads to more consistency in stem cell experiments
- Increased reproducibility leads to smoother transfer of an already established stem cell culture protocol from pre-clinical research to clinical trials
Contact Sanbio for more information about the Orfeus™ expression system, the Isokine™ product range and BeNeLux deliveries of ORF Genetics Ltd.